Personal Injury

When you are involved in an accident, you want an attorney who will aggressively protect you rights in a professional manner and secure the results you deserve.  Be wary of expensive advertising campaigns claiming insurers are "on your side" and you are in "good hands."  Call André Gurr at Garden City Law (406) 926-6996 for a free consultation.     

What should I do if I’m in a car crash (or was otherwise injured)?

1.  The first thing you need to do is promptly address your injury and pain.  Get appropriate medical evaluation and treatment.  Each case is different.  Diligently work with your doctors and providers to address your particular injuries.

2. Second, document the crash and your injuries as soon as possible after the accident.  Describe what you were doing that day, the name of all persons involved, the date and location of the crash, what led up to the crash, what happened during the crash, any specific body movement or impact or pain you recall, and what happened after the crash.  Basically describe what you saw, heard, and felt.  This will protect against details being forgotten, help your attorney accurately assess the case, and strengthen your arguments for getting the result you deserve. 

3. Third, keep a journal or chronology of your injury, pain, and daily experiences after the crash.  Include the day, month, year along with description of significant events and developments.  Detail how your injuries affect your daily life.  Note pain, discomfort, anxiety, loss of sleep, or other problems.  Document your experience so you remember exactly what to include in your demand for settlement (which may be long after the accident).

4. Fourth, document conversations.  This may be included within your chronology or journal.  Include the date, time, people involved, and content of every conversation you have about the crash, your injuries and treatment, and your claim.  In-person or telephone conversations worth noting may include those with any witness, adjuster, or other insurance representative, or with medical personnel.

5. Fifth, document your damages.  Include things like your personal injury, any impairment to your body, lost wages, lost vacation or other benefits, lost education, lost opportunity, missed family or social or recreational opportunities, lost capacity, emotional distress, damaged vehicle or other property, any out of pocket medical expenses, and anything else you have lost because of the accident and your injuries.

I was involved in a car accident.  Should I get an attorney?  

Insurance companies do not want you to hire an attorney after a crash because victims recover more for their injuries when their rights are represented by competent and effective counsel.  The insurance companies may give you an impression you don’t need an attorney by calling you soon after the crash to purportedly settle the matter.  Don’t fall into their trap!  Legal consultations are almost always free of charge for accident victims (as well as insureds who are wrongfully denied coverage).  You have nothing to lose by discussing your rights with an attorney.   

If you are the victim of a car crash, or have otherwise suffered injuries as the result of another person’s negligence or wrong doing, you want an attorney who will aggressively represent your interests in a professional manner and get the results you deserve.  Contact Garden City Law to discuss your rights and get your life back on track.  Consultations are confidential, and free of charge.  

As an experienced and knowledgeable personal injury attorney in Missoula, André Gurr provides legal services throughout Western Montana, including Missoula, Mineral, Ravalli, Lake, Sanders, Flathead, Lewis and Clark, and Beaverhead County.  

Have Questions about your legal issue?
Call 406-926-6996
Or use the form below to schedule your free consulation today.

Name *
We will absolutely respect your privacy, and all information collected with this form will be kept confidential. However, please note that no attorney-client relationship is created by submitting your information.